Call for Symposia, Short Courses, and Workshops
The GCES 2020 provides an important opportunity to organize symposia, short courses, and workshops in your specific field of interest that fit within the scope of the conference. We invite proposals from researchers, professional societies/groups, private firm, and development agencies, etc. Please follow guidelines provided below to prepare your proposal.
Proposal submission guidelines
- Each symposium may be organized by one or more individuals or institutions.
- Each symposium may not have more than two co-conveners. One shall be designated as the “Corresponding co-convener (CCC)” and all correspondence (e-mail, letters) relating to the symposium will be directed to this person. One responsibility of CCC is to keep all other co-organizers informed. Co-conveners must be an active expert in the proposed field or have a Ph.D. degree.
- Symposium call must include names of the co-conveners, title, and a brief (less than 300 word) description of the symposium topic(s) covered in the technical sessions.
- Each symposium consists of at least one 90-minute session for oral presentations. Extra time for additional sessions, demonstration, tour, and lab visit may be arranged upon request based on availability.
- Co-conveners may have only one invited speaker per session. Symposium co-conveners should consult the co-chair of the conference before bringing invited speaker.
- Time for oral presentations: Invited speaker = 30 min, General speaker = 12-15 min including question and answer.
- Poster sessions may be organized for a given symposium during breaks, lunches, and dinners or during general poster session.
- Each symposium generally costs $1000, which includes free registration for three participants.
- All symposia abstract submissions and registrations are managed through the GCES 2020 system.
- After the completion of the symposium, the CCC is responsible for submitting a short report including lessons learned, feedback from participants, and recommendations for future. Format of the report will be provided later.
If you are interested to coordinate or organize one of the above events, please send us the proposal at email@example.com with following information.
- Title of symposium/short course/workshop
- Convener(s): Name, affiliations, and contact details
- Abstract (description of what is planned and relationship to the theme of the conference)
- Duration of the session
- Expected number of attendees
- Special needs (i.e., internet access, demonstration table, white board, etc.)
Deadline: 31 March 2020